- CYBER SECURITY
- INDUSTRIAL COMPUTING
- ABOUT US
WHAT IS IT?
It’s a new, FREE tool we’re providing to our
Patch Availability Report (PAR) customers.
WHO SHOULD USE IT?
This version of ICS Update is designed to be installed locally within an electricity utility’s environment to ensure their critical asset details are not visible on the Internet.
WHAT IS IT FOR?
It provides business intelligence through a variety of metrics
on patch details contained within any given monthly report.
WHAT IT OFFERS:
• Counts of unique patches, along with details on how those patches are mapped to the customer’s Master Items (In other words, 89 unique patches need to be installed on over 1,400 assets within the utility)
• Easy visibility to see how many Security patches are in a given file
• Insight into which patches address the most risk by looking at CVSS scores, along with number of vulnerabilities being addressed within any given patch. (The higher the CVSS score, the more critical the vulnerabilities mitigated by the patch are. By looking at the number of CVEs (vulnerabilities) covered by a specific patch, the customer can evaluate the amount of risk that remains present in the environment, should they elect to not install the patch. In other words, a single patch may be protecting against a variety of bad ways to impact that application or asset and some of these graphs provide a quick way to assess this.)
• Guide critical management decisions based on the number of patches that need to be installed
• And MORE – Updates are released often with a series of new metrics and functionality coming soon
HOW DOES IT WORK?
The metrics are created from a JSON file, so this is an additional report we will provide, along with the standard monthly PDF and Patch Details CSV files. The customer is able to save the JSON file locally and review their metrics safely within their environment.
If you would like our security experts to contact you, then kindly share your contact details and a brief summary of your challenges.