E-WASTE: IS YOUR PRODUCT COMPLIANT?
Reclamation of metals and alloys in EEE, such as silver, gold, and copper, is one important benefit of regulating e-waste; however, protection for human health and the environment from the release of harmful chemicals contained in EEE are of the utmost importance.
As a manufacturer or importer, you will want to know that your product is E-Waste compliant for its designated markets!
This white paper will:
• Define e-waste
• Familiarize the reader with components and key actors of e-waste regulations
• Warn of penalties for non-compliance
• Explain “Extended Producer Responsibilities”
• Familiarize the reader with options for an e-waste management program
• Suggest resources for information regarding global, regional, and producer-level initiatives